The World AIDS Museum and Educational Center (WAM) will partner again this year with our Board Member Dr. Elie Schochet’s group “Happy Hineys” for the Florida AIDS Walk and Music Festival on Sunday March 19th. Our Team is the “Happy Hineys / World AIDS Museum” team. The Happy Hineys name was created as Dr. Schochet is a colorectal surgeon and has helped many people to ensure their hiney is happy!
The Museum has two goals. One is to have 100 walkers to show strength in numbers, and the second goal is to raise $50,000. I have a fundraising goal listed on my personal page. My additional goal is to locate 10 people who will walk and who will work to raise a minimum of 500 dollars each. The museum is a beneficiary of the walk so every dollar you raise will be doubled by AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)! This means if you raise $500 dollars you will really raise $1,000!
WAM has been in operation since May 14th of 2014 and we have made great progress educating the community. Did you know we can trace HIV back to 1908 in the Congo?! We are teaching HIV Education courses at Broward County Schools in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area and we are hoping to expand our education this year with this additional funding.
I need your help and there are different ways to help:
- Sign-up to Walk and Fundraise – Sign-up at WWW.FloridaAIDSwalk.org selecting “Happy Hiney / WAM” as the team. This will help us reach the 100 walkers and the $50,000 goals.
- Sign-up to Fundraise and NOT walk: Sign-up as a “Sleep Walker” at WWW.FloridaAIDSwalk.org selecting “Happy Hiney / WAM” as the team. This will help us reach our $50,000 goal.
- Donate: If you can’t fundraise, please consider donating to my personal fundraising goal by clicking on this link: http://floridaaidswalk.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=4876
and remember… No donation is too small or too large!
If you are going to help me fundraise:
- Sign-up to be a Walker or Sleep Walker, then go to your personal page, add a picture of you, set your $500 dollar goal, and copy the link to your donation page to paste into the your fundraising letter in step 2 below
- Modify my attached letter to create your own fundraising letter and paste the copied link into the letter
- Create a Contact list document – a list of your friends you are going to contact. Get them to help fundraise as well!
- Start sending the attached letter to friends, track responses and progress on the Contact List document.
- HELP: If you need any help you can contact me at my email address or WAM Board Member Jeff Banning at Jeff.Banning@gmail.com.
Thank-you for considering my request and for helping me and the World AIDS Museum reach our goals. This will in turn help thousands by expanding our education outreach and ensuring the future of the Museum.
Steve Stagon, Founder World AIDS Museum & Educational Center & WAM Board Member