To Submit Content for this section, please contact Steve at POZitiveAttitudes@gmail.com
For People with HIV, especially for those with impaired immune systems, its recommended to take supplement Selenium 200 mcg per day.Selenium reduces the viral load and increases the CD4 T-Cell Count according to a study in The Body.
Other Supplements for people with HIV that may help battle HIV
1. Vitamin B’s – B-100 found at Costco, can reduce lipodystrophy.
2. NAC 600 mg – liquefies mucus
3. Vitamin D 2000 i.u. – most potent antioxidant, is fat soluble, careful you can OD with high doses
4. Zinc 50 – 100 mg – take with food, helps reduce prostate swelling
5. Selenium 200 mcg – used by the body to make certain antioxidants, regulates the immune system
6. DHEA 25-50 mg – a hormone, becomes Testosterone, improvements in psychological and physical well-being
7. Vitamin E 400 i.u. – Fat Soluble, Antioxidant, helps maintain healthy cell walls
8. Fish Oil 2000 mg – 1000mg, helps to manage high cholesterol and triglycerides
9. Magnesium 1000 mg – activates enzymes, contributes to energy production. Don’t take with Calcium
10. Calcium 2000mg – preserves bone, muscle, and nerve function, use 3 TUMS before bed. Don’t take with Magnesium.
Many Doctors recommend K-PAX Vitamins for a wide range pharmaceutical-grade micro-nutrients (including Selenium) available. They have been specifically designed and clinically tested to support both immune function and overall health.
For more information, visit K-PAX on the web at: www.KPAXpharm.com
Supplement Retail Recommendations:
2. Diplomat Pharmacy – Nina – 954-527-0440 – near Broward General – vitamins may be free if you get your HIV meds there. Created in small daily packets – great for traveling.
3. AHF Pharmacy / Positive Health Care – (954) 318-6997 Wilton Manors
4. Life Extension on Commercial Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
5. Nature’s Remedy at the Harbor Shops off of 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. They sell K-PAX for the same amount as online, but without the shipping & handling costs!
6. Whole Foods Market: 200 N. Federal Hwy, Ft Lauderdale, FL. 954-565-5655
7. Whole Foods Market: 1400 Glades Rd, ste 110, Boca Raton, FL 33431. 561-447-0000
Be Sure to avoid Saint John’s Wort!!!!
Be Sure to Review your Supplements with your Doctor / HIV Specialist !!!
Ernie: I don’t know how to share my experience with Selenium. I read about it about 2 years ago and I have increased my TCells by 100 points. Dr Oz today said it was also good for prostrate cancer as well…..my Tcells are over 525 now, two years ago they were 250-300.